Wednesday, June 9, 2010

We are all in this together, by ourselves

So now its 34 + 1

Recently Home ministry added one more terrorist organization to the list of 34 organizations under Unlawful Activities Act. (http://www.ndtv.com/news/india/indian-mujahideen-35th-terrorist-organisation-to-face-ban-29873.php)

It really makes me think that minority comes up with such huge number of terror organizations, and none from the majority. When I first looked at it, I was like what the --- how can it be possible? And I didn't knew how to react should I be proud having such nice and wonderful people in majority or the government thinks I am really that stupid to believe that there are none?

Here I am absolutely not trying to defend or blame any community. I am the one who is least bothered about any community but country as a whole. I just wish that this country becomes a better place to live which I don’t see that happening.

Or this is what we call it as democracy?

Democracy actually means "a political system in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them", and to keep these citizens happy (the majority) no one really wanna do anything to them. Because this will hurt their sentiments and they might use their power and elect someone else to represent them. And to keep these groups happy politicians are afraid to take any decision that goes against these masses. And here comes the biggest problem with our country - we have 80% Hindus, 13% Muslims, 3% Sikh and other religions (according to Wikipedia) but we really have such a less percentage of Indians and that’s the real minority class we have.

Our people and politicians really have to understand, being “patriotic” and being “religious” are two separate things and it will be better if we don’t mix these two things. I wonder how many of you have tried mixing your appetizer with main course and added a desert all over it? It sounds such a foolish act right? I know it’s a terrible example but perfectly fits here for those who really know what I am talking about. Everything has its own time and place and it will be better if we keep it that way and not make a fool of ourselves. Unless and until we realize that in such scenario the "Indian" community will always remain in minority, and the list of 35 terror organizations will go to 135 and we will not be able to do anything about it.

We Indians have made such a kichdi out of our patriotism and our religion that doesn’t even look good nor tastes good, and the thing which really makes me sad is that few of my friends who completed their engineering from reputed colleges, serving an IT industry for more than five years now, still support some dam stupid group of people who they think are protecting their state, city, language from outsiders who actually belongs to the same country......... this is where all hopes comes to an end.

If a person from anywhere minority or majority faces an injustice what do we expect him to do? We have to really keep ourselves in place of those unfortunate people to really understand this. Justice is a fundamental right and not the privilege. Unless our country has a visible transparent justice for all , the future of this country is in danger.

Peace

Kaleem

6 comments:

  1. Another RDB in the making it seems, KK its nice that you expressed yourself out in this article, and its not just you who feels this way, many others too and eventually this is not about any minority/majority, its all about politicians and top brats who are running this nation.

    They cook everything and they live a lavish life sometimes at the expense of Religious issues or sometimes at the expense of something other, so eventually it is the common man of the nation who is suffering, and its not just the minority who is suffering or being made a scapegoat.

    I know you and I will come up with many examples where the minorities have suffered, but its not just the case, even the majorities suffer but not on the name of religion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Start Kaleem.... Thought provoking !!! Looking forward to read more of ur blogs .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you Kaleem... in fact, I believe most common people with sane minds (whichever community they belong to) think the same. The problem definitely doesn't exist among the general public. A lot of problems arise out of insane and insensitive publicity of everything, whether required or not required. And, of curse, politics also plays a major role.

    The only option we have is to try and make our country a better and peaceful place to live with our own individual efforts. And, it is high time we do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one indeed .. I like the line where you say that there are “Less % of Indians” so true, but hardly realized by anyone and that’s the irony. Hope people are actually able to understand the reality and take some constructive effort to change it ..
    Great Start ...and yes i like the blog title ...it conveys a lot ..
    Keep Posting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought provoking article Kaleem, well it takes all kinds of people to make our country...I agree with you that religion and patriotism shouldn't be mixed, hence I feel that terrorism shouldn't be tagged to a particular community or religion...no religion teaches us to kill innocent people...it's insane!!! I would consider terrorists as atheists who simply don't belong to any community and are only against humanity!!

    We all Indians need to understand and stop foolishly following certain groups who just wants to divide us and rule, like the Britishers did!

    UNITED we (by "we" I mean all Indians) stand stronger and can do much much better!

    ReplyDelete